POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Creating a sky sphere with shadows : Creating a sky sphere with shadows Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Creating a sky sphere with shadows
From: Ross & Alsa
Date: 28 Oct 1998 03:41:23
Message: <3636D802.14FD7337@ihug.co.nz>
Hi,

I am new to povray and have been trying to create a sphere with a cloud
map on it that casts shadows as clouds normally would.  I have got the
shadows cast ok but I can not see the cloouds or sky.
I am using the following pattern.  I sort of know whats going wrong but
can't see how to solve it.  If I put a light source below the sphere
then I can see the clouds fine but when the souce is above I get the
nice shadows but no sky.  Can anyone point out what i am doing wrong??

TIA
Ross

#declare rFilter=.6
#declare rTransmit=1
  texture
  {
    pigment
    {
        bozo
        turbulence 0.65
        octaves 6
        omega 0.7
        lambda 2
        color_map
   {
            [0.0 0.1  color rgb <0.85, 0.85, 0.85>
                      color rgb <0.75, 0.75, 0.75>]
            [0.1 0.5  color rgb <0.75, 0.75, 0.75>
                      color rgbft <1, 1, 1, rFilter, rTransmit>]
            [0.5 1.0  color rgbft <1, 1, 1, rFilter, rTransmit>
                      color rgbft <1, 1, 1, rFilter, rTransmit>]
     }
   scale 1000
  }